Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Missed signs

My son has signs that I just didn't catch. (Mother's guilt I tell you.) He was home birthed, non-vaxed, non- circumcised, but really the issues started before birth. The day I became pregnant, I got stopped sleeping, got restless leg and sever panic attacks. I had really put my body through the paces. I was the hub of a very busy restaurant and the problems and hard core physical work never stopped. My body was depleted when I conceived. Still, I thought all would be fine. I quite my job, ate good foods (so I thought) took all my supplements and visited my chiro, and midwife regularly. Max didn't pass his meconium by day three, and I gave him an enema. That did the trick, but I missed this que of intestinal weakness. Next sign was wicked excema on one of Max's arms. My diet was effecting him after birth and I didn't know it. I also had adrenal fatigue and didn't know it. I was pumping lots of epinephrine into him. No wonder either of us slept. It was two long years of us being completely sleep deprived till he weaned at 8mos. Then he slept, I didn't. So that is when I had the lab work, that came back with adrenal fatigue. Max had ear infection after ear infection. Most of the time we just waited it out for the 10 day period of him getting over it. Some were so severe we did give the antibiotics. My son was showing signs to me that things weren't normal in his world. He would never partake in activities like other children, he was always trying to escape. What was he looking for, not sure, but he was never content, ever. I found out that he was starting to do some rocking at his hippy preschool. I asked for a evaluation. He showed having processing of language issues. That was really just the tip of the ice burg though. Max was past his 5th birthday before I wanst a nervous wreck that he wouldn't soil himself in public. Even just Sat he got in trouble and was sent to room to gather himself, and he peed on himself in response.

No comments:

Post a Comment