Wednesday, August 8, 2012

working our way backwards

Many people who do the GAPS diet don't start with the intro. Personally, since I'm a rip the band aid off type person, I think it's the way to go, but our family has already made plans to spend 5 days at Disney world in Sept and I'm not into telling my son NO the whole time about foods. He is used to gluten free already, so that won't be too bad, I don't think. Disney is very keen on sugary filled gluten, but seems to be on the bandwagon with gluten free alternatives. At home, till we go, we will be doing the full gaps diet as best as I can and as practice for when we go all the way. This means no starch. So all those gluten free subs are not being replaced as they are consumed. Making almond/coconut flour bread today for lunches, Udi's gluten free has lots of starch. Last night at dinner he was made to eat what was offered, we went to the burnt fork for some free range goodness. No banana instead or screwing off till past bedtime then wanting crap food. Both of my kids avoid dinner then get there crap after were done and tired. It's a system that worked well for them till yesterday. Max came down and was hungry, he was told to eat more dinner next time and was sent back to bed. This is hard to do. He has only gained 2lbs in about 2 years. I hate not to feed him, but this is what needs to happen to stop the craziness.

No comments:

Post a Comment